Friday, September 12, 2008

Watch out pedestrians!

The doctor told Tom that he may be able to drive as early as today! Also, his clinic visits are really spreading out - he doesn't have to return until Tuesday. Weekday assistance most likely will taper off quickly (except for clinic days - I don't want him getting on the interstate alone yet, as if I have a say in the matter).

We're really excited about everything that's happening. He hasn't been cleared to be out in public places yet but if things continue the way they are, I'm sure that's right around the corner. Once that happens, perhaps he'll be able to return to work which he's been longing to do for a while. He's going stir crazy at home.

4 comments:

wiizii said...

Wonderful things are happening and it's great to hear. I hope Tom doesn't overdo in his zeal for normalcy. I'm excited for all of you and wish I could be there to do the happy dance with you.
love, hugs,
elise

Spirit Wood Turner said...

You know, if this keeps up, I may have to meet you guys in Philly for another cheese steak!!! This time, we'll try the one across the street, and this time, I'm buying.

I believe so STRONGLY in the power of positive affirmations, of creating the life you want, and you guys are such a great example of it.

Keep it up,
Dale

Chris - 9of 9 said...

That is great news.

Love,
Chris

friendlymentor said...

Man oh Man, I know I'm not going to be walking across any streets where Tom is driving. They don't call him Slingshot for nothing. lol . . . wait, who named him slingshot? I think that pretty well defines the kind of life he has been living lately. One minute he is half cocked, the next minute he is out of hand. Zing. Bap, Pow!!! Lookout world.