Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not looking good

Something happened to Tom yesterday morning. He slowly started not being able to use his right limbs. By the end of the day he could move only his foot, minimally.

In addition to that, he became extremely disoriented - he didn't know where he was, when asked his age he said he was 31. He didn't know our two dogs names. He DID know my name. It took him a few minutes to remember Katie's name but he called her by her full name, Katelyn, which we never use. He was staring at the ceiling - one eye looking straight ahead, the other looking off to the side.

The doctors don't know what happened but only that it progressed very quickly. The doctor doesn't believe it's a stroke. Two CT scans showed nothing. He was unable to have an MRI because he was too fidgety. I believe the radiologist will have to completely sedate Tom in order to give him an MRI today.

Before I left last night he was moved to ICU. Unlike the regular hospital rooms, there is no place for family to sleep overnight. He looked very peaceful - just sleeping.

I will try very hard to blog again tonight before I go to sleep.

2 comments:

wiizii said...

Lisa,
Please try to get some rest yourself. I'm concerned for the both of you, as well as Katie. When you see Tom, please tell him hello for me and that I love him. Live Strong. Be Relentless. I'm keeping you all in my prayers and close at heart.
Love you all,
Elise

Patty said...

Lisa,
I love you, Tom and Katie very much. I sent you a card last June but it came back. I saw Cora on Saturday morning and she showed me printouts from your blog; I wrote down the address and here I am.
I think of you all the time. Tell Tom that these other Sluss's love him and that you are all in our prayers.
Take care of yourself, too.
Love, hugs and kisses,
Patty