Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sorry for the delay

Well, I did it again - I let a whole month slip by without even one post. We are all doing ok here. Katie started middle school, I started the new school year at a different elem school, and Tom is still our crazy ol' Tom. About the only new concern with Tom's health is that he's been coughing A LOT lately. He couldn't catch his breath the other day and truly panicked b/c he was alone - he tried leaning over a chair back to get the air flowing. He managed to drink a cold glass of water which helped him get his breath back.

His walking is about the same. His ankles are very swollen and he has to periodically elevate his feet to get the blood flowing. He has added a new physician to "the group" - a urologist who is helping him with an issue of frequent urination throughout each night.

I will record a short video clip and post it real soon. A brief interview with Tom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa and Tom,

Michael Stowe here...

I ran across an old photo on the web of the metroplex and it got me thinking of old lives. I thought of Lisa and decided to google her name which brought me to your blog.

I am soooo sorry to hear about your diagnoses. My wife and I have a little girl (zoey) who just completed treatment for All.

I know it is much worse to endure as an adult male than what she went through.

Even though I am a far away stranger in Colorado at this point, let me know if we can do anything for you. My thoughts and wishes are with you.

I hope all is well with you otherwise.

mike.stowe@infoprint.com

Richard said...

Lisa, Tom and Katie, Norma and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2011 finds you in a much better place. We love you all. Don't forget that we were the first two people to visit you in the hospital when you had Katie. We really meant that.
Richard and Norma