Thursday, February 24, 2011

Online obituary -- www.southcarecremation.com

Thomas A. Carter 6/2/1965 - 2/11/2011

Mr. Thomas A. Carter, 45, of Roswell, died Feb. 12, 2011. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1826 Killian Hill Road, Lilburn, Ga 30047. The family will receive friends at SouthCare Cremation Society and Memorial Centers, 2260 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, Ga 30009, on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Those wishing to make a donation, please make donations to main.acsevents.org/goto/troopers. Arrangements by SouthCare Cremation Society and Memorial Centers in Alpharetta. (678) 735-5500.

Visitation
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 7:00 pm
Southcare Cremation Society and Memoiral Centers
2260 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, Ga 30009
678-735-5500
Service
Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Trinity Lutheran Church 770-972-4418

February 14th, 2011
Our hearts and prayers go out to you. We met Tom through our son Mark Connell and everything we knew of Tom was all wonderful. It was our blessing to have known him.

- Mickey and Lesslie Connell, Ringgold Georgia

February 15th, 2011
This has been one of the saddest times of my life. Words will never express how I feel.

- Bruce Henry, Lithonia, Ga


February 15th, 2011
Our thoughts are with you Lisa and Katie. Tom will be missed greatly. It was an honor to have had him as a friend so many years.

- Wendy Chaney, Athens, Ga

February 16th, 2011
Sadly, I never met Thomas but did communicate with him via email about his love for military history and my work on our common Carter family ancestry.

Being a first cousin to Tom's father Richard, my wife and I offer our prayers to Tom's family and we pray that God will provide the special comfort and healing to you in the coming days.

- Bob and Flora Carter, Greensboro, NC

February 16th, 2011
Lisa, I have only known you, Tom and Katie for a short time and hope we can have many more years of friendship, and love growing strongly. Tom and I had a lot of conversations in his time of illiness and he told me stories about his childhood and his adult life with you and Katie. And there is one thing I am sure of, his love for you and Katie was a very strong love and you will have those memories forever. We love you dearly, The Lady That Sells The Peanuts.

- Eloise, Snellville, GA

February 16th, 2011
Lisa, Megan & I (former Laurian Park neighbors) were so saddened to hear of Tom's passing. I always loved it when I'd look out on the street and see Tom weaving down the hill on his longboard! It was like he was soaring to his own rhythm.

We are holding you and Katie close in our prayers.

- Dick Saunders, Roswell, GA

February 16th, 2011
I'm gonna miss my brother terribly. His love of life and God's creations will forever remind me of how preious life is. My outpouring love and support go to his courageous wife Lisa and daughter Katie. I love you both tremendously!

Love ya,

- Elise Clark, Ocean Springs, MS

February 17th, 2011
Lisa and Katelyn,

I am so sorry for your loss, I went to school with Tom at Waycross High.

- Renea Sapp Taylor, Blackshear, GA

February 17th, 2011
Don't remember if I ever met Tom or not, but I am a first cousin of his dad Richard & also sister to Bob Carter & Beth (Carter) Flynt. May God bless & comfort you in the days ahead. Our prayers are with you.

- Al & Marilyn (Carter) McDonald, Radcliff, KY

February 18th, 2011
Lisa,

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I truely pray for comforting for you and your family. Say hello to Carla for me and hoping she is well.

- Doris Mclendon, Decatur, Georgia

February 18th, 2011
Lisa, Katie,

I am shocked and saddened by the news of Tom's death. He was an extremely special, creative, and talented individual. I know his fight was living hell, and that he fought it with humor and grace.

I am glad to have known Tom and you both. You will need strength for the road ahead. Life is tough, and I will be there for you both, as I still ache every day for the loss of my own beloved husband. Hold on to each other. Comfort is hard to find. You still have a life ahead of you; you must make it precious.

- Ellen Grubbs, Decatur, GA

February 18th, 2011
My thoughts go out to you and I am so sorry for your loss. Tom was a one of a kind and there will never be another one quite like him. I can't even begin to put into words the amount of loss I feel over losing my best friend that I've known for thirty-two years now. He will be forever in my heart as I know he will be in yours.

- Eric Chaney, Athens, GA

February 24th, 2011
Tom was my son-in-law. Tom gave Lisa a ring on 3-22-91 and that October they were married at our house. Thus I gained a son and friend. Over the years we became closer. I could call him anytime and listen to him tell his stories--I never tired of them. He came to every cookout, 4th of July celebration, birthday and Christmas. I watched as he bought his first house,graduated from school, learned the computer, became a Dad and raced his mountain bike. He was a very creative and special person who touched us all. I still think about him daily and still have to wipe away the tears. I'm having a hard time getting over this. I will miss him forever. I really loved him.

-Jan Henry, Lithonia, GA

No comments: