Monday, February 28, 2011

The Funeral

Over a week has now passed since Tom's service, and I'm still a little numb. It was so good to reunite with so many friends and loved ones. You all helped me stay strong, and keep a smile on my face. The messages delivered to everyone from Carla, Elise, John, and Pastor Dale were touching. I heard that several others wanted to share some feelings/memories, but I guess they were not noticed in time. Katie and I were truly touched by the service.

It was so nice to arrive home from the church to a house full of family, a lovely spread of food and spirits provided by my wonderful neighbors, floral arrangements everywhere, beautiful and mild weather, Grateful Dead music playing on the deck. Tom would have had such a terrific time. I could imagine him telling stories, smiling, laughing, eating, and enjoying a beer. He certainly would have enjoyed the karaoke that spontaneously took place later on, thanks to Katie setting it all up. He always loved belting out those karaoke songs!

I'm missing him so much...reminded daily of little things I loved about Tom.

No comments: