Sunday, February 22, 2009

Too long

Wow, it's been too long since I last posted. I've been so unmotivated lately to do anything - I go to work and come home and lay on the couch. I do the minimum required of me at both locations and that's not nearly enough. I'm ready for Spring.

Anyway, Tom is doing ok. Currently, his only obstacles are his limited mobility, and his swollen, blueish-colored feet with dry and crackling toenails. Eeeeuw! I think Shrek would be jealous.

A week ago we had a major scare - the right side of Tom's body went numb. I awoke one Sunday morning to the semi-familiar sound of his troubled voice nearby - the same sound I have grown to associate with an impending 911 call. When I saw him he couldn't feel his right leg, and his right arm was also numb and it was making involuntary short punching motions. Tom had to firmly hold his arm to his chest to control it. After about five minutes it subsided and he was able to get up off the chair and walk. The next day he felt the familiar pin-prickling feeling begin in his right hand and he quickly took a seat in preparation for the whole "numb thing". This time, in addition to his arm and leg, the right side of his face was also numb.

I told Tom that if it happened again I was going to take him to the emergency room regardless of his begging and pleading. It hasn't happened since.

So, that's about it. I still have something I want to show you - that I mentioned in my last blog - and I will get that posted this week.

2 comments:

wiizii said...

I'm glad Tom is able to control those issues but he's a braver soul than me. I would be calling my doctor right away. Tom, don't be such a hard head that you end up hurting yourself in the long run. Love ya!
Elise

Anonymous said...

Well, I too would be checking the whole thing out with a Dr. But, I can only imagine how SICK of Drs. Tom is. Blue feet. Now that is interesting. Tell T if he stays so hard headed I will have to come over there and play Mama Bug and spank him~ Love you all Buggie